Topic: support for children

rasheed.b    -- 15-10-2002 @ 12:00 AM
  This question is for Brother Moosa Richardson. Could you please ask one of the scholars the following question?

A brother with two children, and one step child, is getting a divorce from his wife. After the divorce is final, he will move into another apartment. She will remain in the old apartment with the children. She does not work. What is his monetary responsibility towards his children? Does he have to pay her entire rent or just a portion of the rent? Since she does not have any income he will continue to be the primary provider for the children. How much does he have to give her in order to take care of his children? Considering the following bills, daycare, food, clothing, utilities.

Baraka ALLAHU feeka

SalafiTalk.Net :